Note: This manual is provided for your convenience only - this is not the official source and may not be 100% up to date.
BCMath Arbitrary Precision Mathematics Functions
VII. BCMath Arbitrary Precision Mathematics Functions
For arbitrary precision mathematics PHP offers the Binary Calculator which
supports numbers of any size and precision, represented as strings.
Since PHP 4.0.4, libbcmath is bundled with PHP. You don't need any
external libraries for this extension.
These functions are only available if PHP was
In PHP 3, these functions are only available if PHP was not
The windows version of PHP has built in
support for this extension. You do not need to load any additional
extension in order to use these functions.
The behaviour of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini.
Table 1. BC math configuration options
For further details and definitions of the
PHP_INI_* constants, see the Appendix H
Here's a short explanation of
the configuration directives.
Number of decimal digits for all bcmath functions. See also
This extension has no resource types defined.
This extension has no constants defined.
- Table of Contents
- bcadd -- Add two arbitrary precision numbers
- bccomp -- Compare two arbitrary precision numbers
- bcdiv -- Divide two arbitrary precision numbers
- bcmod -- Get modulus of an arbitrary precision number
- bcmul -- Multiply two arbitrary precision number
- bcpow -- Raise an arbitrary precision number to another
- bcpowmod -- Raise an arbitrary precision number to another, reduced by a specified modulus
- bcscale -- Set default scale parameter for all bc math functions
- bcsqrt -- Get the square root of an arbitrary precision number
- bcsub -- Subtract one arbitrary precision number from another